UralTone Bias Tool Deluxe
UralTone Bias Tool Deluxe is easy to use and it speeds up the biasing tube amplifiers. It works by inserting the probes between the tube and amplifier, choosing the used tube type and amplifier style by showing the proper level bias setting.
UralTone Bias Tool Deluxe
The key idea behind out meter is to make the biasign process easy and quick. For the perspectice from the ordinary user the meter works as extra help providing assist for technical knowledge and for professional it speeds up the biasing process. Bias Tool Deluxe is preprogrammed most used tube types and amplifier styles / classes. By choosing these the meter sets the target range from presentage from maximum allowed. The choosed tube tybe sets the maximum dissipation and the style how much the level is dropped from there. Adjusting is done by led HIGH / OK / LOW readout or by numebers according the LCD display if greater tolerance is needed.
Compared to the usual way of biasing the tube, The Bias Tool Deluxe cuts some steps; looking out the tube data, measuring the anode voltage and primary resistance of the output transformer where the target current is calculated from. The meter measures both sides of the push-pull amplifier tubes, so the balance is displayed at the same.
Bias Tool Deluxe measures cathode current and anode voltage from two tubes at the same. From different displaymodes can be chosed either anode dissipation in watts, or % from maximum allowed, cathode current and anode voltage. In cases when the maximum anode dissipation or cathode current is exceeded meter will alert about it.
Bias Tool has following Octal and Noval based tubes anode dissipation, -current and -voltages stored in the memory: 5881, 6550, 7027, 6K6GT, 6L6GB, 6L6GC, 6V6GT, EL34, EL84, EL844, EL84M, KT66, KT77, KT88, KT90, KT120 ja KT150.
There is four different Styles / Classes in the meter: Classic AB (old Fenders, Marshalls etc.), Modern Class AB (new amplifiers, with smaller transformers and currents), Class A and Class B. All styles has preset target range, eg. Classic AB sets between 50% - 70%. All styles are editable, for example if greater tolerance is needed for spesici amplifier the target may set with in 1 %. It's also possible to measure with out class defined which bypasses the LOW/OK/HIGH display for tube types not found in the meter.
TECNICAL DATA AND FEATURES
- Four channel digital voltage meter with biasing-arithmetrical functions
- Suitable for all fixed-bias amplifiers and those cathode biased amplifier which has shared cathode resistor
- Works with 9V battery, current consumption ca. 55mA with full back light and three leds. On power saving mode the consumption is halved. Both backlight and power save is user settable.
- Stores all user choises in the memory (working modes, tube and amplifier styles and editable parameters)
- Supplied with english instruction and two Octal-probes
- Noval-probes available separetly. (sold in pairs)
- Designed and manufactured in Finland